Hello and Welcome to San Pasqual Union School,
On behalf of the San Pasqual Union PTO, we would like to welcome you to our “Little School in the Valley”. The talented and caring staff, enthusiastic students, and exceptional school community of involved parents and volunteers make San Pasqual Union an outstanding school.
Whether you are new to the community or new to the school, you may have questions about parent involvement and the school community. I hope to provide you with some helpful information to get you started and make the transition to SPU a little easier.
The SPU Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a volunteer group dedicated to supporting the school and enhancing the quality of the educational experience for all students. Our key goals this year include the following:
* Hosting extra-curricular activities, including Family Nights and Grandparents Day that encourage family enrichment.
* Sponsoring activities like Pancakes with Santa, that foster positive school and community spirit.
* Partnering with school programs, such as Red Ribbon Week, that promote character education and safe, healthy, drug-free choices. We also support the Great Kindness Challenge, which promotes anti-bullying.
* Raising funds for field trips, PE equipment, library books, school supplies, teacher grants, and other school needs.
These goals are accomplished through our membership, our fundraisers, and our volunteers. You can join the SPU PTO for only $12 per member. Membership forms are located in the front office, online, or in the PTO membership packets.
The SPU PTO holds various fundraisers throughout the year. Some of the fundraisers are on going, such as our dine out nights, Box Tops for Education and Shopper Programs. Other fundraisers are held during specific times of the year, such as our Scholastic Book Fairs in the fall and spring. Our Butter Braid sale is held in the fall for the Holidays and See’s Candies sale is in the spring. Our largest fundraiser is in the fall, when we will be partnering with Mixed Bags. Information on our PTO fundraisers can be found in our membership packets or will be sent home via students and the Saints Soar E-Newsletter.
As you can guess, our success in providing these enrichment opportunities and activities for our children is dependent on our volunteers. We invite you to become involved - parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and brothers or sisters in high school (their hours count toward community service requirements for school!) can all volunteer. To get started, email our volunteer coordinator with your interests. Your help is greatly appreciated, and as a family organization, if you need to bring younger siblings along, please don't’ hesitate.
As with all organizations and schools, communication is key. San Pasqual Union employs several methods to ensure communication.
* San Pasqual Union School Website: The school website is a great way to search for information about the school, teachers, SPU PTO, SPU Foundation, Red Barn Arts, SAGE, SPU Preschool, Kids Club, and Sports information, etc.
* All Calls: SPU utilizes an all-call system that distributes a recorded message from the school to families regarding possible events, cancellations, meeting announcements, and/or other general information pertaining to the school community. If you are not receiving an all-call message, or would like to add a number to the all-call system, please contact the school office.
Pride in one’s school goes a long way to maintain a positive attitude towards education. Every Thursday at San Pasqual Union is spirit day - everyone is encouraged to wear either spirit wear or school colors (green, black, and grey). Spirit wear for you children and yourself can be purchased anytime throughout the school year. If interested contact our spirit wear coordinator, Alyssa Chadwick at email@example.com.
Free free to contact any PTO officer with your questions or suggestions. We look forward to working with you this school year.
Once again, welcome!
Jodie Kaylor, President
Alyssa Chadwick, VP
Rebecca Gibbs, VP of Communications
Adriana Morris, Secretary
Jana Hawkins, Treasurer